So I’ve just finished reading TFiOS for the 35272958th time and I’ve got one thing to say after this specific time:
The Fault in Our Stars is a story that I truly believe will stick with me forever. One part in particular stood out and spoke to me the most. Hazel Grace was describing her feelings on a book she enjoyed- keep in mind that the word ‘enjoyed’ is an understatement- and she described how that one book is something she would remember in her old age as an imprint to literature for years to come. The book she ‘enjoyed’ so much was called An Imperial Affliction.
Instead of explaining what she wrote, I’d rather type it out for you, word for word:
“Sometimes you read a book and it fills you with this weird evangelical zeal, and you become convinced that the shattered world will never be put back together unless and until all living humans read the book. And then there are books like An Imperial Affliction, which you can’t tell people about, books so special and rare and yours that advertising your affection feels like a betrayal.”
Those few lines affected me so much I had to stop reading for a second to think in complete and utter astonishment. John Green- or Hazel- got those last few words exactly right, that to this day, I still can’t get over how accurate those words were. Personally, I’ve never read An Imperial Affliction (mostly because it doesn’t exist) but I have my own An Imperial Affliction that I can call mine; a story that is too special to share with others. And I think The Fault in Our Stars is another book I can add to that category.
I realise that I dont follow most of you back, but if you’re online right now, like this post and I’ll follow you back, if you want:)
I’ll try post more often too. Love you all<3 x
I CANT RIGHT NOW OKAY?
Lol, I’ve been studying my arse off for exams, but I couldn’t miss the opportunity of fangirling with you all tonight! Kristen at the MET Gala?! Hell yea! Praying Robert is there too with her!!!:3
To those who have been asking on multiple occasions on my whereabouts, I’m mostly over at twitter: anyone who’s interested in hearing me blabber about robsten and my life, my name is Breezy_Twihard
I love you all, and I’m ready for some Kristen fangirling!!!!!
He’s sounds better live than he does on his CD,and that’s saying something! No other artist right now can say they can do the same!
I’ll give you my whole list of fanfics if you want? I’ve posted it over a hundred times before for others, so it wont be much hassle:)
Here, you go, beautiful!<3
And can I say that the author Carano is perfect too? She has most of her finished stories on Caranofiction.wordpress.com you will not be disappointed with her fics!<3
59. Best Served Cold » by MandyLeigh87
He was in in a few films before and I adored and fell in love with him instantly, and then he came on Irish TV in Love/Hate and literally everyone knew about him and thought they loved him as much as me and I get so frustrated because they dont follow him secretly and I’M THE ONE WHO KNOWS HE’S GONNA BE IN MORTAL INSTRUMENTS: CITY OF BONES, NOT THEM UGH I GET SO ANNOYED. And I’m so proud that he’s getting publicity in America and the UK, because he’s just a little Irish lad and ugh, I just want him.
Okay, yeah, so even though I dont have a blog dedicated to him rn, I love him and will always love him…
Rule 1: Always post the rules.
Rule 2: Answer the questions the person who tagged you has written and write 11 new ones.
Rule 3: Tag 11 new people and link them to your post.
Rule 4: Let them know you’ve tagged them.
1. What is your favourite season and why? Um, I like the Winter, mostly because its the coldest and I hardly every get snow in Dublin, so its not much of a hassle either. Winter break is my fave:)
2. If you could have any fictional character over for tea, who would you choose?
Um, I’m trying to stray from the Twilight characters, since I’m always choosing them;) I have too people, um, Bilbo Baggins from The Hobbit and Luna Lovegood from HP… the names stand for themselves, lol!
3. What is your favourite animal?
Dogs. And Unicorns… and a little bit of a Dogapus. (hybrid of dog and octopus)
4. Top 5 favourite TV shows?
The Big Bang Theory, TVD, Awkward, Criminal Minds & Jersey/Geordie Shore (sadly)
5. What do you like to do when you’re not on Tumblr?
Read, or talk to myself mostly and listen to music… and eat.. alot.
6. What is your favourite food?
Everything and anything that is edible. But mostly chocolate ice-cream and pizza
7. If you could go on holiday anywhere in the world, where would you go?
Italy and America
8. What is the last CD you bought?
The Lumineers:) and before that, Rihanna, Unapologetic
9. What is your favourite movie and why?
Um… Honestly I dont have one. Its like favourite bands, I cant just choose one!
10. If you could be invisible for a day, what would you do?
Find Ryan Goslings shower and watch him naked. Yup. Oh and Chris Browns shower and stare at big CJ there for a while.
11. If you could choose the king and queen of your country, who would they be?
If Ireland had a King or Queen, I choose Robert Sheehan or Liam Neeson because they are both Irish and sexy as fuck.
1. If you could create a new language and name for a newly discovered country, what would you call it and why?
2. Name the song that is currently playing on your iPod, or previously listened to if you’re not listening right now?;)
3. If it was your last day on earth, what would you spend your time doing- not including scrolling on Tumblr-?
4. If your favourite fictional character walked into your room right now, what would you do?
5. What is the weather currently like?
6. If you had the chance to become famous, would you?
7. You’re locked in a room with Johnny Depp and Robert Pattinson… and you’ve got the key.. what do you do?
8. Would you rather stay up all night or sleep all night?
9. Name someone you’re really close to?
10. Favourite book?
11. If someone offers you a ticket to your favourite bands concert, would you take it?